CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 24, 2010

Flying


The rain pores down my window

It’s beat matches the rhythm of my heart.

I wonder if the wind ever called my name,

Would I follow?

I walk around so fast trying to find something

But do I ever just sit and get lost in the moment?

I have given so much time to worrying

And shame and heart ache

Over the things that I have done.

How much heartache is there in the world?

How many tears have been cried?

Enough probably to water an ocean of daisies,

Or at least a garden of hopes and dreams.

How many wishes are thrown away everyday

Because someone believes that they can’t?

What if they could?

And what if they could see that they could,

Would they still give up?

Are the great people of the world great

Because they have hope?

I think they are.

Hope can do a lot for a person.

Without hope you can drown in your fears.

They can overcome you and sweep you away.

Sometimes you have these great moments in life

Where you feel like you can see what life is all about.

I wish that I could capture those moments in a jar

And every time I feel lost I would grab one

And eat it right up and everything would be okay.

I used to dream of flying

I don’t any more

I wonder why those dreams stopped?

I wish they would come back again

They used to make me so happy.


March 22nd, 2006

0 comments: